top of page

Tattooing a Minor

Finger tattoo, heart tattoo, USN tattoo

Tattooing Minors

The State of Florida requires that all minors be at least 16 years of age to be tattooed.

Any one under the age of 18 who wants a tattoo done in the State of Florida / BODYTECH will need to fill out a consent form and have it notarized. Once the form is notarized, the minor and the parent or legal guardian signing for the minor will need to come to the shop. The following are documents you will need in addition to the notarized consent form.

In addition to the consent form we will need an ID from the minor and the parent/guardian.

ID – Under Florida State law NO minor can get tattooed without a State issued ID or a Federal issued ID (Passport, Drivers/Restricted license, Military ID or State ID Card).

Parents whose last name is NOT the same as the minor child will need the child’s Birth Certificate and/or your Marriage Certificate showing the name difference.

Legal Guardians – if you are not the biological parents I.E Stepparents or Grandparents, you will need the court papers that show that you have power of attorney over the minor and can sign for such purposes.

Emancipated – We will need a copy of the papers from the court stating that you are emancipated from your parents and you will be making these decisions on your own.

Married and no longer live with parents – bring us a copy of your Marriage Certificate.

Note: you can not get tattooed under state law without an ID!!!!

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page